Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders
A brief history
The Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders were raised in 1793; the 79th Foot, initially called the Cameronian Volunteers (not connected to the Cameronians) were renamed the Cameron Highlanders in 1804. They received the Royal Prefix, becoming the Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders from Queen Victoria in 1873.
The Camerons recruited from Inverness-shire, Nairn, Skye and the Hebrides. The Outer Hebrides was split between the Seaforths and Camerons.